Methamphetamine & Your Health

As the highly addictive drug methamphetamine grows in popularity, so does the chance you could end up buying a “meth house” when you go shopping for real estate.  Just how dangerous are these chemicals? At the very least, exposure to meth residues left behind from cooking or smoking may cause symptoms similar to those experienced by meth users – a “contact high” if you will.  At the very worst, they can cause cancer or sudden death.

Making or smoking meth leaves behind a stew of chemicals that saturates walls, ceilings, floors and carpets with meth residue as well as mercury, lead, iodine, lithium and poisonous solvents.  Exposure to even small amounts of these poisons can damage humans’ nervous systems, liver, and blood production mechanisms.

These toxins are particularly dangerous to young children and fetuses.  Kids are especially sensitive to chemical exposure, which can damage developing brains.  Babies and toddlers who crawl and put things in their mouths can easily pick up meth residues.  Mothers exposed to these chemicals can give birth to babies with developmental delays and other birth defects.



Contact Us:  918-970-6606